I left work at the end of August, on annual leave (don't start maternity leave until 21st sept).
So after my first gtt test coming back negative, I was semi released from consultant care, back to the midwife.
I've been back and forth the hospital, as I couldn't feel the baby move, and then they were shocked about how quickly it had grown, so I had to go for another gtt test and more scans. The scan showed baby is big! (Measuring 38 weeks at 35 weeks)
The gtt test came back negative again. They were unsure whether or not I'd be back under consultant care or not, but I have another consultant appointment on 23rd sept. I'm not sure what for.
My mw talks a lot about 10lb babies, and that I'm at a higher risk of a c section due to the baby's size. But they won't induce me for a big baby, but they won't let me go over my due date.
During one of my hospital visits they found out I have GBS (group b strep). This is just a bacterial infection I can pass on to the baby during birth. I have to have IV antibiotics during labour - yes that means a cannula.....the one thing that I wanted to avoid, cos they FREAK ME OUT. But, needs must! There also goes my chance of a water birth.
There's been a lot of personal things going on too - clinical psychologist lost her baby, Nicola's husband killed himself after she left him for a woman, ISP seems to be crumbling with complaints from family coming in, Lucy's mum set herself on fire. Oh and 4 weddings - emma and Ian hill, Anna and Craig Gilchrist, Emma and Gwyn Reynolds, and Caroline and john greens.
Like I said, I've been busy.
No comments:
Post a Comment